Cold Spring Cheese Shop – Cheese and Provisions
CSCS is a gourmet cheese, charcuterie and provisions store with an emphasis on local, regional and domestic cheeses located in the heart of the village of Cold Spring, NY.
NOW OPEN MONDAY-FRIDAY FROM 12-4 FOR REGULAR SERVICE AND SATURDAY AND SUNDAY FROM 12-4 FOR SANDWICHES AND GRAB AND GO OPTIONS (NO CHEESE OR MEAT)
It’s about that time we guess. Since we are considered grocery, we actually could’ve been open this entire time, and not just for pick-up. We chose not to because we take this pandemic very seriously, and we feel although our shop is “essential” that our actual lives are more essential. We’ve been doing our DAIRY BOXES for pick-ups on Fridays and that has kept us afloat. We cannot thank everyone who has been participating enough. We are absolutely continuing with this program, and in fact, it is the only way that you can still get your hands on local milk and eggs and a few other products we sell through them.
However, the CHEESE AND CHARCUTERIE boxes on Thursdays will be discontinued since you can now walk up and get most of those products. Which brings us to our opening. We have installed a door unit that you can walk up to and order. We will have a limited selection, and you will have to depend on our cheesemonger skills when ordering. There can be no sampling, but we give excellent recs. In fact, we are transferring over our cheese and charcuterie box format over to walk-up ordering, thus leaving the entire selection up to us. Otherwise, we are happy to talk you through it. We will be offering:
- 2 different sandwiches (prosciutto/ mozzarella and Fig/ Manchego) for now. No grilled cheeses for the time being.
- Many varieties of mostly local cheeses. We have a smaller selection that usual, mostly focused on local, but still plenty of delicious stuff.
- Limited charcuterie items Mainly hard salamis and prosciutto.
- Beverages, provisions, hot sauces and retail items – most will be displayed in the windows to select from.
- Homemade mac ‘n cheese everyday!
- Other stuff! What’s that mean!? We don’t know!